1. A good leader is someone who can be trusted to lead others. They have good character and is honest with integrity. They lead by example and earns the right to be a leader. This is especially obvious in the military where high ranking generals have lead from platoon level all the way up to division level.
2. A good leader is confident about his own abilities. In order to lead a group, the leader needs to show he or she is confident and able to set directions. He/she instills confidence in others which in turns excels them to do the best for the team.
3. A good leader is passionate about his/her work. Leaders are often asked to be motivators and enthusiastic. Without passion for their work, it is difficult to motivate others to do the same. A good leader will lead by example and be willing to do the dirty work.
4. A good leader needs to display order in chaos. Many times, people look to leaders for directions and instructions in times of uncertainty. They look to seek assurance and security and the leader needs to display decisiveness and positive attitude.
5. A good leader strives to be the best. They do not want to be second or third best. They maintain high standards in their work and inspire others to do the same.
6. A good leader is able to think analytically keeping the end result in mind. A good leader needs to keep in mind the big picture while at the same time, breaks it down into actionable steps for others to follow or perform. He/she also needs to be able to gauge the progress being made.
7. A good leader also needs to remain calm and composed in the face of uncertainty. Other people will look to him/her for assurance during times of difficulty. He/she needs to be decisive and follow through on his/her decisions.
How do you think a good leader manages crisis under stressful situations?
A leader should, firstly, know of what had just happened. He could delegate his group members tasks to find out what was going on. Secondly, the leader should be able to act quickly but not hurriedly and being flustered. Lastly, the leader should demonstrate control. The leader can control the response of the people by putting himself into the action and bringing the people and resources to bear.