Traits of a good leader.
- A good leader must be forward looking as it is important to set goals and have a clear vision on what you want to achieve so that you can work towards it.
- A good leader must be broad minded too so as to seek out diversity, exploring new horizons to get new ideas.
- A good leader must also have good communication skills. Communication gap can lead to a lot of misunderstandings at work. Thus, a good leader once he/she conveys the message correctly, he/she will get what he/she wants.
- A good leader must be focused so that the team won't go off track. An unfocused leader will never be able to achieve the things he/she wants.
- A good leader should be discipline. Good leaders are very controlled in the pursuit of their goals. Where most individuals would be simply distracted or dejected, good leaders discipline their minds to keep focused and steady regardless of the situation.
How do you think a good leader manages crisis under stressful situations?
- A good leader should remain optimistic regardless of the situation. If your morale is down, so will the morale of your team go down.
- He/she should be clear on what you want to achieve. Under stressful situations, you will tend to be more hectic and will be unsure of how to continue. Once you are sure of what to do and your goal, it will be easier to accomplish.
- The team should not get distracted. Staying on task helps a lot and makes it easier to work towards the goals.
- Manage time well in order to be on track and do things on time.